I. откройте скобки, употребив глагол в нужном времени.
a. what you usually (to like) to do when you are not filming? i (not/ to know). we do a lot of funny things. i just can’t remember any of them. when we aren’t filming. i just (to lock) myself up in a very small room & (to watch) films. when i’m not filming? i (to be in school) & i (to play) sports games & (to talk) with my friends most of the time. (to have) you a favorite subject in school? i (to like) sports & arts, english & history. i (to love) english: reading & writing & everything. i (not/ to have) a favorite subject.
b. in 1605 king james i (to be) on the throne. he (to be) very unpopular with roman catholics. some of them (to plan) to blow up the houses of parliament, when the king was going to open parliament. under the houses of lords they (to put) thirty-six barrels of gunpowder. a man (to call) guy fawkes should explode them. one of the plotters (to speak) about these plans & fawkes was found, arrested & later hanged. since that day the british traditionally (to celebrate) 5 november by burning a scarecrow, (to make) of straw & old clothes, on a bonfire.
ii. выберите правильный вариант и примеры, используя наречия.
to be viv (ing) a) present simple
b) past progressive
c) present progressive
vii (ed) a) present simple
b) past simple
c) present progressive
iii. выберите правильный вариант.
1. on sunday my sister our grandparents in the country.
a) visit b) is visiting d) visits
2. she a lot of homework to do every day?
a) do/ have b)does/ has c) does/ have
3. why you moscow without me?
a) was/ left b) did leave c) did/ left
4. they any fresh beef at the butcher’s?
a) do/ has b) have/ got c) does/ have
5. the nurse the doctor?
a) - / helps b) do/ helps c) does/ help
6. when i a little girl, i liked skating a lot.
a) am b) did c) was
7. don’t speak english. they you.
a) aren’t understanding b) don’t understand c) aren’t understand
8. why she well all the night yesterday?
a) didn’t/ sleep b) was/ sleep c) wasn’t/ sleeping
9. because the baby all the time.
a) were crying b) didn’t cry c) was crying
10. can you hear me? yes, i you well.
a) hear b) am hearing c) hears
11. who came to the party first? mr. val
a) do b) did c) does
12. can you hear this noise? what is it? the baby in the bedroom.
a) cry b) cries c) is crying
13. you your grandmother?
a) are/loving b) do/ love c) are/ loved
14. why you when everybody were working?
a) were sleeping b) was sleeping c) were sleep
iv. переведите на язык.
1. все засмеялись, когда он это сказал.
2. они часто ссылаются на эту статью.
3. это случилось много лет назад. смеркалось и шел дождь. мальчик возвращался домой один. он шел медленно и о чем-то думал. вдруг он услышал странный голос: «э, парень! – окрикнул кто-то. – огоньку не найдется? » «я не курю и вам не советую! » - ответил мальчик.
4. сколько этажей в вашем доме?
5. у тебя есть сестра? да, но мы живем в разных комнатах.
6. я заходил к тебе вчера. почему ты не открыл дверь? я был занят. что же ты делал? я делал проект с двух часов дня до двух часов ночи.
7. зимой на улицах много снега.
8. в зимние каникулы школьники обычно катаются на лыжах, санках и коньках, а студенты экзамены.
9. сколько себя помню, она постоянно улыбается.
10. аня, иди к доске. вот тебе кусочек мела. напиши на доске транскрипцию. молодец. твоя оценка «отлично».
i decided to be a journalist. i think it is an interesting and useful profession.i like to watch tv, listen to the radio, read newspapers and magazines. i like everything which connected with mass media.i have a hobby. my friends and i are publishing a small newspaper once a month in our school. we write articles about school events, life of young people, jokes, draw pictures and caricatures. my favourite school subjects are history and literature.i like the profession of a journalist. they meet many people. they try to understand what is going on in the world, or the country, or the city and try to explain it to other people.i think that the work of a journalist is very much like that of historian. a historian studies and tries to explain events of the past and a journalist does the same about the present.but for me to be a journalist is much more interesting than to be a historian because you deal with real events that are happening right now so you can even influence them.so journalists can influence the history. that is why i want to be a journalist.
1. the article having been read we knew the subject much better. b) так как статья была прочитана; 2. having stopped the computer he left the shop. d) остановив компьютер.
3. the operating machine was installed in the shop. a) работающая машина; 4. having installed the new computer we obtained the results of the calculations quicker.
a) установив новый компьютер;
for her sisters on holidays. we went to a small village to meet the native people and to try the ……………. cuisine. put the words into 3 columns: boat, car, helicopter, coach, plane, yacht by air by land by sea fill in phrasal verbs: set off, set aside, set back, sets in the new shopping center
wasn’t ready and the opening was ……….. for a few weeks. we must plant these trees before the cold weather ……………. you should ………. some money to buy a new car. what time will we ……………. for the airport tomorrow?